With travel abroad proving difficult in 2021, many of us are looking for new places to explore around the UK. Of course, we all want to find somewhere where our beloved pets can come along for the adventure! While some may be disappointed by the prospect of no holidaying abroad, here at Webbox Naturals, we’re excited to be able to vacation in Britain with our pets. Here are just some of the pet-friendly locations that will be on our staycation list this year!
With so many beaches, cliff top walks and rolling hills, it’s no wonder Cornwall made our list. The climate is a lot milder than many other places in the UK, allowing you and your pooch to explore the long sandy beaches and coves, including the South West Coast Path. Cornwall is one of our all-time favourite pet-friendly places to visit in the UK.
- Lake District
From Catbells to Scafell Pike, no matter where you visit in the Lake District, you and your pet will be surrounded by stunning scenery. There’s also plenty of market towns, such as Keswick, that you can visit with your furry friend for a spot to eat or to peruse some of the local shops. With so many rugged mountains to explore and wild swimming galore, we’re certain you and your bestie will have a perfect adventure!
Devon has got to be up there as one of the best dog-friendly locations in the UK. There are dog-friendly beaches, endless footpath walks and plenty of dog-friendly attractions, such as South Devon Railway and Totnes Castle . You can take your pick from wonderful moorland walks on Dartmoor, picturesque sailing towns, and stunning beaches like Saunton Sands, Babbacombe Bay and Slapton Sands. No matter which activities you pick, we know, you and your pooch will have the best time exploring The English Riviera.
There’s no need to worry about your furbaby missing out when you visit Scotland; it has everything you need for a dog-friendly getaway. From pubs and restaurants, to dog-friendly attractions such as Drumlanrig Castle and scenic walks, your pooch will feel right at home on a Scottish staycation. Explore Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park with its wide-open lush landscapes and sprawling glens or see leaping salmon at the Hermitage and Black Linn Falls in Dunkeld. After a busy day of adventures, be sure to stop off for a refreshing drink at one of Scotland’s many dog-friendly pubs!
Thanks to a tail-wagging assortment of things to do, you and your pooch will never get bored on a Yorkshire staycation. With several dog-friendly beaches, they can be bound across the open sands to their heart’s content all year round! After a day at the beach, be sure to check out one of the many dog-friendly hotels for a bite to eat and somewhere to rest your head.
With so many wonderful places to visit in the UK, we’re certain you won’t be missing holidaying abroad and pet staycations will be your new favourite adventure. Make sure you’re prepared with our list of must-haves:
- Collar and name tag – a collar and name tag are essential in the event of your dog going missing while on your travels.
- Lead (long and short) – make sure to bring along a couple of leads so when your dog needs to remain on his lead he is still able to explore.
- Basket/bed – your dog’s bed is a must-have, so that they feel cosy and safe in the comfort of their new surroundings.
- Dog food and food bowl – pack your dog’s usual pet food to avoid any upset tummies and their bowl to avoid any fussiness while being in a new environment. Stock up on your dog’s favourite Webbox Naturals food here.
- Bottled water and travelling water bowl – these are must-haves while exploring to make sure your pooch stays hydrated.
- Towel – keep a towel in the back of your car or with you on a walk. This will come in very useful should your four-legged friend decide to go for a splash in the water or have a roll in some mud!
- Dog treats – always have treats on hand to reward your dog for good behaviour.
- Dog toy or tennis ball – take their favourite toy or a tennis ball to ensure they have plenty of play time during travel breaks and rest days.
Why not share your holiday snaps with us? Head over to our social channels so we can see your pet staycations!
Shop for Dogs
Personalise your search:
Shop for Cats
Personalise your search:
Webbox Lick-e-Lix with Beef
Webbox Chicken Chub Roll – Wet Dog Food
Webbox Naturals Adult Cat with Chicken and Salmon Dry Food
Webbox Naturals Dry Adult Cat with Chicken and Duck Dry Food
Webbox Lick-e-Lix with Milk & Yoghurt Cat Treats
Webbox Cat Stars Chicken Dry Cat Food
Webbox Chewy Chicken with Carrot Sticks Dog Treats
Webbox Lick-e-Licious Salmon Cat Treats
Webbox Duo Bites Beef with Sweet Potato Dog Treats
Webbox Naturals Adult Lamb and Chicken with Sweet Potato, Peas and Mint Wet Dog Food
Get the latest tips ‘n’ advice
Want to find out interesting facts and get helpful tips?
Need help choosing the right food?
Try our Pet Food Finder.